lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Am I being a perfectionist
Yes.

I know the feeling, I'm the same way.

As someone said, no car is 100% perfect from the factory, unless it's hand assembled and there was a lot of extra effort into making sure all panel alignment is within a very tight tolerance range. However, That misalignment in your photos isn't too bad at all. It's certainly possible that someone backed into the bumper at some point, or maybe over time it shifted/deformed due to heat or cold cycles. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it (and I'm really picky when it comes to body gap alignment).

If you want to cringe, take a loot at the door alignment or rear hatch alignment on any Tesla Model X. Nearly every one I've seen has a hatch lid that doesn't sit flush with the top of the rear quarter panels, and the tail lights don't line up properly. Or take a look at any FCA product. A friend of mine bought a new Jeep Trackhawk, and had to take it to a separate body shop after the dealer couldn't align the hood properly. I'd be pretty bummed paying $90K for a new Jeep and having to pay a body shop to align the hood when it should have been done correctly at the factory.
Appreciate 1