View Single Post
      11-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #606
clem151
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi MT

Pfaff "As Is" collection

Hey all,

I wanted to share a good experience I had at Pfaff BMW.

We were looking for a second car, and I stumbled upon Pfaff's As-Is collection. They basically sell older trade-in's as-is with no certification. What you see is what you get. I managed to get a 2 owner 2008 328xi 6MT for a very good price.

The car had a check engine light on and they told me it was an O2 sensor. I checked it with my scan tool and verified that the B2 S1 sensor was bad. After an extensive test drive, I realized the car was very well maintained, and that it would need little to nothing for safety. They sold me the car on a T-tag, I took it for a safety, and it passed with flying colours. As an added bonus, the car wasn't due for emissions for another year, so that wasn't a problem for registration. I did fix the O2 sensor a few days ago. There are a few cosmetic issues as you might expect, but I'm parking this thing on the street so I don't really care.

I am not affiliated with Pfaff in any way, but I wanted to share so people know this is a great way to buy an older BMW that a dealer would normally just send to auction. It is a win-win for everyone...Pfaff gets a little more than they would at auction and pays no auction fees, and you (hopefully!) get a decent car before it goes to one of those sketchy "buy here - pay here" lots.

Another bonus- you can put up to $5,000 of the purchase on a credit card which is nice if you are collecting points.

As with everything in life, YMMV. I think this is a good program for those of us that like to do our own work.

Name:  IMG_7549 2.JPG
Views: 933
Size:  691.9 KB
Appreciate 0