03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Ackrite
The Wizard
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
You need an iPhone/iPod with BMW Connected App installed. Once you have the application installed on your iOS device, open and run the application, then plug the phone into the USB port of the car or the optional snap-in adapter if you bought one. Now, go to ConnectedDrive and you should see the BMW Apps and the options in the sub-menu.
Iatacs,

Thanks for the input. I did indeed download the Conncected App from the App Store. I also purchased the BMW Media Snap-In Adapter as well. The first Snap-In was clearly faulty as it kept dropping the connection w/ my iPhone every few minutes and then reestablishing, dropping again, etc...

I've tried running the "Self-Diagnosis" within the Connected App via both the Snap-In adapter and the White Apple USB cord, and everytime I get the message "Connection with Vehicle Failed"... None of those steps help...and I can't "go to ConnectedDrive" as that option isn't listed within my iDrive menu.

It's almost as if I have a bad Combox or connection so that anything ConnectedDrive related is not being recognized.

Thanks again.
'00 e46 323i *retired*
'84 e23 733i *retired*

Last edited by Ackrite; 03-20-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0