Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiEgs90 View Post
I’m looking to throw on some new tires this year since my summer tires are about done. 4/32. I’ve had on 16” Pirelli P7 Summer Go Flats for about 3-4 years during April-Nov. I’m thinking of ditching summers for a performance all season tire throughout March-December. I’m doing this so I’m not stuck with summer tires on and a freak cold spell comes around during the months of March, April, October. I’ve read using non star approved BMW tires being bad for the AWD system, but I don’t know how that’s possible. I also read that using non run flats and non star approved tires will result in a more floaty ride because of the suspension being designed to run on RFTs. I’ve been using non run flat Dunlop Winter 4D Sports tires for the last 3 years during winter. The car is definitely floaty over dips at high speeds. So with that being said I was wondering if anybody likes all season high performance or all season ultra high performance tires? I like the idea of the longer treadlife as opposed to summer tires which do not have a tread life warranty and seem to wear down rather quickly. Like the look of the Kumho Ecsta PA51s and the Sumitomo P03. Maybe a Kumho PS31 if I want to stay with summers. As long as the speed rating and load index is fine I don’t see the big deal with ditching BMW approved tires.
I ran DWS 06 all seasons on my 330i and never had an issue with a PA winter. I think I paid $500 for a set of 18s on my E90 which to me was very affordable for the quality of tire.
Appreciate 0