View Single Post
      04-05-2022, 01:53 PM   #5339
stgarc53@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Coding

I replaced FRM and needed to code the module. Watched video. Read forums. I could never get StandardTools to work for me. One place I got StandardTools from was Bimmergeeks. I just could not make it work for me. I also saw Bimmergeeks ProTool. What the heck, I could not get INPA to work. So I downloaded the ANDROID app onto an unused tablet, purchased the license and the THOR wifi dongle. VOILA! I programmed my FRM module in less than 5 minutes! And it took that long because: my age, unfamiliarity with the app, and because I was cruisin' through the app. If I knew what I was doing I could have coded the module in SECONDS. No kidding! I am not an BMW expert mechanic by any definition. But using this app is super simple. I also purchased a new battery. I thought it may have contributed to FRM failure Went from 80 amp standard to 95 amp AGM battery. Coding with bimmergeeks ProTool took less than one minute! I strongly urge BMW weekend warriors to consider ProTool for their coding needs. Had I owned this app before I started my project I would still have dark hair instead of white
Appreciate 0