Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
I wouldn't over react yet. Blue/white smoke could be many other things. Don't default to the rings being bad. The source of smoke could be a leaking injector for instance but don't hold me to this. Hard to diagnose over internet. Possible oil from turbo. Possible that you need a valve cover gasket (VCG). When VCG goes, you can start to get boost pressure into the crankcase due to the upper small round intake runners going through valve cover. You would get oil coming out of seals at either front of rear of engine. Hopefully, you don't need to overhaul the engine. Good luck.
Thank you for the reply cuda, I have seen my boost hose from the turbo to the intake is leaking oil, I have a ATM kit for it I need to install, so maybe the ccv has caused this? Now it is coming out the rear? Trust me I don't want to rebuild it yet :/, it is throwing a code for the sensor before the Cat not getting signal, however I will see if that's why it is doing it. I would really hope just one of the injectors is going bad. However, I don't see any oil coming from the VCG, so it may not be that unless it will just leak boost and not spray any oil out the gasket but that would be crazy. Anyway I will have to diagnose it some more and get back to y'all with my findings. Thank you
The vcg has an inner gasket for where the intake runners pass through. You wouldn't be able to see that one leaking.