View Single Post
      09-07-2022, 02:06 PM   #25
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsanchez1226 View Post
This is my first post on a forum. My idrive controller isn't working. The buttons on the console and steering wheel work just not on the controller. I checked the voltage and on wire 1 and I'm getting (13.96v), Wire 2 (.002v), Wire 3 (.5v), Wire 4 (4.5v). The only thing I've done was my battery died and I recharged it and it worked fine. But the car died again because the car sat there for a while and now it doesnt work at all after I recharged the battery. I don't wanna go straight to replacing it because of the price but I just wanna know my options. A lot of people bring up issues when they get there battery replaced or alternator changed. All I did was recharge the battery when it dies. Anything helps.
Your controller is probably dead. For whatever reason the iDrive controller seems to have some unpleasant way of handling some type of voltage spike.

The best I could recommend is look for a used controller. If your controller is in physically good condition you can probably find one that is cosmetically ugly but you can swap your buttons and switches if you want - that's what I did. I paid less than $100 for a used controller.

If you know someone with an E90 they could potentially swap their controller with you to confirm.