View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #2245
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Hey guys...some things ya just can't make up...

To close the file on the bad seller, missing gloss black grills story. Here ya go...you're gonna laugh or sorta cry in my case....As you saw I finally got a tracking number from the seller after asking multiple times with no response. So I filed a claim with UPS and the tracking number said it was delivered the day before thanksgiving??? So I finally got a call today confirming that they did deliver it along with the address and time it was delivered.
However after I heard the address read, the mystery was solved!!! It was in fact delivered but to a house 2 blocks from mine!! or was it!!??.....I got on line to find out who lives there and get their phone number. After a quick search, I was pumped to locate their name and phone number and made the call....ring ring ring ring.......only to get, "I'm sorry but this number has been disconnected!!!"

Next idea. I called my neighbor who lives 2 houses from where it was delivered on his cell and asked him if he knew who lived there and if he might know there name/phone number. (remember it was delivered over a week ago and no one at that address has called UPS or tried to figure out where it should have gone etc) My buddy said "oh that house, its been under renovation for 3 months and I am not sure who bought it!"

So now I am convinced that the package got delivered and will be sitting either on the front step, in the bushes, around the side or whatever.
Left work today and made my way there. I drove up to the house and the lights were on but it was clear that a painter was working inside. I walked up to the front door, looked around, nothing. Check the side of the house...nothing. Walked to the back and ran into the painter. I asked him, "hey have you seen a small box that was delivered here last week?"...he said, "I did and I brought it inside!".....finally I can get these stupid grills which I have been battling with a tough seller over for weeks!!!
Walked in the house and saw the box. It looked kinda big but whatever its finally over. He said "is this it?" and I said "yea I think so, but it looks kinda big?"...so he bent over and took out his knife and opened it...........much to my dismay, it contained the speakers for the surround sound system being installed!!!...Then the painter goes on telling me how much money the new buyers are spending on the house etc etc etc of which I heard nothing and was thinking in my head WTF...Am I being punked, by a painter/actor????? I go on asking, are you sure there wasn't any other box delivered. He adamantly says "NOPE, I have been here every day for the last few weeks and would know what boxes were delivered" As I looked around this million dollar house I saw lots of boxes with floor tiles, audio equipment, appliances etc etc so I asked again, "Are you sure??" And again he says "YEP, I'm sure".
So now I am thinking, UPS verified that it was deliver to this house on November 24th at 1pm!!! Where the fu*k are they!!! As a last ditch effort I said, "do you mind if I look around?"....he says "sure, knock yourself out", which I did not find funny. I take 5 steps and turn the corner into the dining room and what do ya know.............................there they are sitting right on the dining room table with the box WIDE OPEN!! So I say "guess what, here they are!"...and he says "golly gee (or something to that effect) never saw those there, my guys (who he failed to mention thusfar) musta been here when they arrived and opened them up".....then he says "what are they?" as I picked up my box and left without answering!!!!!!

Good news is they are exactly as originally described, very nice Gloss black grills that my favorite seller purchased from IND and never installed. They are brand new and shiny. Because of the all the non-communication, I did buy another set that should be here Monday (according to the tracking the good seller sent me) so these will be for sale, along with the matte black ones I currently have. Some guys are wheel whores...I fell like a grill whore, which is odd...

hope you enjoyed..
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0