Wingnutts
Old Guy
Rep
Drives: 335is DCT

Garage List
2011 335is  [0.00]
2010 X5 35d  [0.00]
2009 E92 328i xdrive  [0.00]
Alright, this took a turn that I didn't think it would. I always enjoy the opportunity to learn something new and everyone's input has been appreciated. But if I can maybe slow this down a bit though.

I liked the idea of upgrading the arms to the m3 arms since I thought it would be as simple as swapping them and then just dropping it off at the alignment shop and telling them what specs to use. I used to have an e46 m3, so the idea of my 335i handling a little more like the m3 seemed like a great idea. The last thing I want to do is have to deal with any issues and return trips to the shop.

So let me try and present my original question in a different way. With what Bbnks2 posted "The only thing that changes is front camber... You might have 1* of camber up front. Maybe more if you're lowered. That's it.

Front camber is not adjustable. It will be whatever it is and alignment tech isn't going to touch it.

There is not much different at all about an M3 and a 335i alignment... except the camber won't show red since M3 comes with camber in stock form.

Toe spec between both cars is pretty much the same range... M3 calls for .02-.15* toe-in up front. 335i calls for .05-.20* toe-in (more stability for a street oriented car). Same thing out back... M3 calls for
.04-.13* toe-in out back... 335i calls for .1-.2*. These are just ranges...

This to me sounds like a simple bolt on procedure and standard 335i alignment but with the m3 toe in specs (which are almost the same as the 335i).

Is this the simple answer? As for the camber, from what I have read here and elsewhere, it doesn't seem too hard, but not really worth it.

Thoughts?