TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7med606 View Post
some tells me get the ets 5 and some says the 7"
whats the difference ? and which one will give me more power ?
i want something that i can get back to stock not cutting piping or other things the i can install the oem one
In your hot environment you should seriously consider an intercooler with a larger exposed face to curtail heat soak. The Helix intercooler has an ambient face 56% larger than stock and and exposed ambient face(the face of the intercooler exposed to outside air above the lower plastic cowl) up to 70% larger than some of the stock height but thicker intercoolers it also has rounded bars on the ambient and charge side inside the intercooler to aid in pressure drop and airflow direction and a dense offset staggered fin core with 13 charge rows(heat transfer plates) vs most manufacturers 7-8.

Helix is also a direct bolt on with no trimming required on the 335 and there is a group buy going on right now, where you can see the data and pics on it! I also believe Helix may have some units in stock.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605266

Here is a pic of the helix next the Ams 7"(?) please look at the core above the mounting brackets as this is the exposed ambient face above the lower plastic cowl as you can see some manufacturers make their intercoolers bigger by enlarging them in areas not exposed to ambient air where ours maintains stock geometry!

Last edited by TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management; 12-17-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0