View Single Post
      08-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
Nguyenhu0106
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Hello,
this is a repost that i did on another thread, i thought i might just add it to here.

i'm currently on the Bilstein b12 and i could not be happier. it rides like stock with much better dampening. this kit is composed of Eibach Pro kit springs and bilstein shocks. the best part about this is that they are not just off the shelf parts paired together.

Eibach was asked by bilstein to recreate the Pro kit springs with the same height but with linear spring rate but also maintain some progressive characteristics. These springs normally have progressive spring rates.
then Bilstein takes these springs and create custom valved shocks based on their testing.

At the end you get a very similar ride to the sport package but the dampening is much better and also you get maybe 10-20mm drop. in my opinion, i feel that overall... the ride is more comfortable than the sport suspension. Meaning there is less noise road noise, smaller bumps are absorbed ALOT better, under aggressive driving the car reacts faster, and on random potholes that i used to fear even idling over them because the crash noise that sounded like the wheel just fell in there are now handled without fear (i still idle or slowdown over them but no dramatic noise that made me cringe like before)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0