View Single Post
      05-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
mattoak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Thanks for the replies. I did some extensive searching and found the answers. The subframe to chassis bolts are 80 ft-lb and do not need to be replaced.

However the reinforcement strut to subframe bolts are 41 ft-lb + 90 degrees, so it sounds like these also need to be replaced.

After that I started going through the workshop manual, and it recommends replacing just about every nut in the front end. Things like the strut top hat bolts, strut pinch bolt and nut, sway bar bracket bolts, subframe reinforcement plate clip nuts. Not all of these (most don't) get tightened to a torque plus an angle. So I'm not sure how necessary replacing every single one is.

I parted it out and it would be an additional $150 in fasteners to replace them all. I have to return stuff to FCP anyway, so I think I'm going to buy all of it and then make a game time decision in the moment whether to replace or not. Things like the control arm and tension strut bolt/nut at subframe and nut at knuckle will definitely get replaced, as well as strut pinch bolt and nut. But the top hat bolts and the subframe reinforcement plate clip nuts I might just return.

Any opinions on all of these?
Appreciate 0