View Single Post
      04-07-2021, 10:23 AM   #466
Tacklewasher
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
hey guys - just checking in because I've been busy and haven't been able to respond to the deluge of daily emails. I'm limiting the amount of custom tuning because I can realistically only do one at a time, and right now I'm working hard on a fine-tuned baseline for N52 swaps into other cars.

I haven't gone back and read all the pages of this thread in a while - has anyone had any problems with the newer Bimmergeeks cables? I've had some issues flashing with a few cables and I think it might be a firmware bug. I know the owner so I can communicate that to him if it's the case and get it fixed, but it's hard to tell if these are one-off problems or if it's more common. BTW, Bimmerlabs doesn't sell or profit off the cables at all - the "store" is just for your convenience.
They are sending me a replacement cable. The one I got seemed dead. Would not light up when plugged in. They had me try in other vehicles and the same result, so another one is coming.

Bit frustrating as I'm in Canada and it will take 2 1/2 weeks to get here, but happy they responded on Good Friday (holiday up here) and are replacing it hassle free.