View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
MyCar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedPanda View Post
hey martinm0, I get your point and I appreciate the response. You've given me a lot to think about.

I hope to get a faster car. That's my goal. Plus it's a manual. I wish I could get a 335, but the dealership doesn't have any within my price range. Not to mention that the trade-in value of my TSX is probably around 10K to upwards of 13K. (328xi=9,600)

I also want to make a track car out of whichever car i do end up keeping and I believe that the 328i would be a better track car because its AWD/RWD, has higher torque and more cylinders. However, I could also put a turbo kit on the TSX and then (though unlikely) get it transformed into the DREAM manual AWD.

Another thing is that the 328i's engine sounds out the exhaust sounds a heckn' ton better than a true straight back, muf-delete TSX. It also accelerates a lot better stock than what my modded TSX does, mainly due to the AWD/RWD aspect.
To be honest I wouldn't get an 09 BMW if I were you, especially since you mention you're on a budget. I promise you that you will end up putting lots of money into this car to maintain it, and the xDrive is just more stuff that can go wrong. Working on an xDrive is also more difficult because of the limited space under the car.

This may not be popular opinion around here, but you're asking for a headache and lots of $$$ going from Acura/Honda to a used 09 BMW. Don't be surprised if you buy the car and find tons of stuff that need immediate repair such as oil leaks and other hidden issues. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 1
4 Doors1169.00