Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Nice work Alpina, very informative post.

Two question though, will you be sticking with the Titan Race pro 5w40 when you're running the RBs? I seem to remember Rob recommending sticking to the BMW recommened Castrol due to oil consumption issues.
I believe that Rob was not entirely sure where the oil consumption issues came from, and in most cases IMO a defect with the car or a problem with the crankcase ventilation could be blamed. From what I have read (please bear in mind that I'm far from being an expert on oils), the Fuchs oil should be superior to the Castrol.

I never had an oil consumption issue with my car (had one with my E46 Alpina though...), so for now I'll stick with Opie's recommendation; also, Tony is also running his upgraded TD turbos with the same oil and does not have an issue. I think the Titan Race will be absolutely fine for our cars, upgraded turbos or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idnan View Post
Secondly, how do you find the sintofluid tranny fluid when cold and warm? I was thinking of switching to Redline D4 from Opie but I'm open to suggestions.
I'll only be switching to this in about a month when all fluids will be changed, so unfortunately I can't give you an opinion on that right now. I had Royal Purple in my gearbox before that, and although this improved the smoothness for some time, the improvement did not last very long in my (subjective) view. I'll definitely post a feedback here once the fluid change is done and I've driven the car.

Now, however, the car will first get a new suspension and brake kit!

Alpina_B3_Lux