View Single Post
      08-19-2005, 11:03 PM   #19
teamgomez
Rep
Drives: '04 SMG M3

Agreed- do not apply in circles (wax on wax off worked great for Karate-san, but not for sun-halo micro marred surfaces).

Wives-tale exists about back and forth along the longitudenal axis on horizontal surfaces, and vertically on the side panels to 'enhance overall depth'. Objective results pending somewhere....

Since Zaino polish has no abrasive quality and no oils, I've found the ability to diminish swirls is approx 1/10th that of a carnuba product. The stuff just bonds to what you apply it to in a very uniform manner with severe optical clarity (hence the gloss). On the number of cars I've applied it on, the only real product that diminished swirls was a little elbow grease courtesy of a ROB and SMR.

I only offer this point to clarify to the non-zaino initiated that it is not a magic elixer like a carnuba based product can be. Don't put it down on mom's merc and expect it to hide the sins of 4 years thru the car wash. Zymol/P21S will do a better job of hiding it...for about 72 hours in the hot sun until it melts off.

For a proper Zaino application, the finest resutls are achieved with an SMR evolution prior to Z2 or Z5. Even for those cars "fresh off the dealer's lot" (ref guido the lot attendant and his rag he's had stuffed in his back pocket all day that will dry-wipe your car b/f you arrive)...
Appreciate 0