calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
DIY- Armrest LED

so I was driving today at night and the front center dome light burn off so I could not see anything
I open the armrest to get my bottle of water and sundendly I ask my self " why BMW did not put a ambient light here they have one even in the ashtray" so I went to Advance Auto parts nd got a set of 12V red LED's ( see pic) this LED's have some type of resitor inside the cable so they are plug and play to your car.

DIY difficulty (1-10) 2
time: less than 10 mins
total cost: $6.88

ohh before we start I could not find the pen for my tablet pc so I can't put notes on the pictures like I allways do

1) go to my DIY of the rear power outlet and follow the instructions on how to remove the rear console http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29773

2) with a 3/16 drill head open a hole in the certer of the inside console make sure the drill go all the way (see picture)

3) insert the LED intro the hole

4) connect it to the the power cables in the back again check my other DIY http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29773 in the kit that I got the white cable is for positive and the black is for negative

**if you did the rear power outlet DIY just open one of the quick connects and put the cable in and close it again.

** if not get 2 quick connects so you can attach the cable of the LED to the power cable of the car

since the LED will be connected to the outlets it will turn on if your outlets turn on (ACC position) or if your car is running and it will turn off went you turn the car off

it looks great expecially with a bottle of water :rocks: ( see all of the pics)

5) enjoy

BTW: I need to find that pen so I can do the Halo lights DIY tomorrow
Attached Images