View Single Post
      02-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #120
demig
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D MSport GC(F36) & Z3

Been driving my evolved 320d for a week now so time for some more impressions as my original WOW was not very decriptive!

As others have said on here the process of getting the remap and the switch was very easy. The switch arrived the day after ordering it and the download of the ecu map was very easy. I had the adapted file back from Imran on the following working day and the upload procedure was a doodle. There is a message which comes up about having a battery charger connected which I ignored.

I have since switched back to the original map at the weekend before the car went in for service and toogling between the 2 maps is really easier. I reprogrammed it in the dealership carpark when they were done

The car itself is extremely responsive and loads more power is available, one major advantage is how low in the revs 6th and 5th work when cruising back from work, it makes cuise control on the manual actually worthwhile.

I have only had one opportunity to take the car down some country lanes and what a smile it gave me, the pickup coming out of bends is incredible.

One final thing has made this all worthwhile, I am having fun with this but also my economy is at 57mpg after 2 tanks worth.Calculated against the actual consumption not the dash guage.

I recommend this to anyone and thanks guys!

Demig
Appreciate 0