08-06-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
Webz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
be careful with those aftermarket tires. I have the Eagle F1 AS and they started producing an oscillating rumbling noise after only 5000 miles. Some feathering has occurred, which could be the cause. Rotating has not helped much, and you are supposed to rotate them every 5k.
I think others have on this forum have mentioned some quality assurance issues with the Goodyears. Sucks as they otherwise would look to be, at least on the surface, really good tires.

Quote:
his response was, "these tires are not for this type of car, you need Michelin or else you will get road noise."
:finger: Thanks asshole. (At least that's how I'm envisioning the ensuing conversation)

Quote:
The PDC wont do it, no matter how hard you try. You're better off finding someone local down there and having them do the swap. You could probably get Tire Rack to deliver it to a shop down there if the shop agrees.

Or, just wait till you get home and go to Radial Tire
My CA is telling me the same thing. He did mention a tire shop in Silver Spring that would actually give me some credit for trading the run-flats in. How much, I don't know.
Appreciate 0