07-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Yeah but the difference being no human action is directly responsible for the hurricane. The oil spill was directly due to negligence on the part of a few people, so it's natural that those same people be held responsible for every single negative effect.

And, this is the USA, OP.... You actually expected this to go by without people taking advantage of it? Sure there are plenty of people suffering, but did you really think that people would (especially in this double-dip recession) NOT use this to recoup as much as possible, whether it's a legitimate claim or not? Where there are humans, especially Americans, there will be manipulation of the system to the max. That's just how it is here.
Yea I know that, but if he was hurting so bad that this rental income was what paid the bills then he shouldn't be renting in a vacation area...things happen down there, and I know it was a mistake but noone was there and knows EXACTLY what happened

Edit: and the business owners also are affected, but when you base your business around vacationers you know the risks of natural disasters, and rare not mentioned but possible accidents that would cause people not to come to that area

I feel sorry for the animals that are killed not the business owners

Last edited by CollinsE90; 07-01-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0