View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #13
Brawler
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '04 M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Car looks like it's coming along. So what drew me to the M is the S65. I have always loved V8's and their pretty vast power band. So the 335 has good low end torque but it gets crappy after mid point to high end. Combine that with the fact I couldn't flog it for too long due to heat soak and the fact the M3 has wider hips, bigger motor, better rear end, better suspension, more bracing throughout and a glorious DCT and it's a lock. Plus like everyone else, when you know there is another tier to the brand and a car series you like........you want it. I think the progression from 335 to M3 is quit natural to all. I used to love when people pull up to my 335 wanting to race and Id blow their doors off! Their faces looked so sad and bummed
This is the problem with modding a 335i... So many things need to be changed and then it's still a rep- by the time all that money is spent it'd have been wiser to put it towards an M3. surely.

I want this car to eat miles, Europe road trips (before we're all banned thanks to brexit). So updating the interior is an important part of the project...

Haven't made my mind up mechanics wise, but I'm considering keeping the spec conservative. Fueling, turbos, IC, rad, oil coolers, DCI, exhaust, tune, kw v1's, poly bushes, better discs + pads + braided lines. Drawing a line there for now with a maybe on big brakes...
Appreciate 0