View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #1853
George Ab
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 325i

Installed the D70 Pro into my 2006 325i. Nice update to the electronics. Really like OEM look of unit particularly the white font on function buttons. Nice integration of the OBD to look at what is going on in the car and of course steering wheel controls. My wife has had that jealous look at my Carplay in my MK7 GTI so I updated her BMW. I wanted the rear view camera in her car so she didn’t’ run into any of my bikes.

Install was not too bad. Make sure the clips are installed so the bend is up so they are aligned with the entrance hole. Seems obvious in retrospect. I had to move my heated seat controls and removing the cigarette lighter was a challenge, resolved using a couple dental pics into lighter keeps and pushing up. Rear camera install was somewhat challenging, fishing the connector through wire harness from trunk lid to body and figuring out how the flashing keeps with the channels work (pop them out to remove flashing, then remove entire grommet, slide into flashing channel and then re-install grommet with flashing).

The unit came with audio setup external amplifier at maximum which resulted in insufficient audio level resolution as either too load or muted. Lowered that to mid-level in audio setup and all is well. Nice touch having ability to adjust the levels for the different inputs in audio setup. Had some audio distortion when CarPlay was in use which was resolved with firmware update. Real happy with modernizing the electronics and OEM look and integration. Also appreciated the forum discount from Jeff.
Attached Images

Last edited by George Ab; 08-06-2019 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 2