DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movhan View Post
Hello everyone. Thanks for this fantastic thread, it is very useful.
I switched from completely manual seats to full electric with seat heating and memory. I followed this thread all the way and in the end everything worked. After a few minutes the passenger seat stopped working and i thing it is because of pin 1 and 5. are they necessary? where should i connect them? Isn't there any other easy way to connect them than the junction box?
When you say they stopped working, what was you doing at the time?
I ask because I had exactly the same on mine. I originally had just heated seats and I decided to jumper the power lead to power both the seat heating and motors from the single input.
Then my wife decided that she likes the heated seat so tried out the new motorised seat at the same time and it failed with her almost fully forward (she wasn't impressed as we were about 20 miles from home at the time!!). But it only had the 15a fuse instead of the 30a it would have had if it had come from the factory. I replaced it with a 30a fuse (wire grade is the same, well in mine it is!) and it works perfectly.
So to sum up, the seat heater and motor control cannot be operated at the same time if it is only powered through a 15a fuse, it needs to be a 30a circuit.
Just a thought.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0