06-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
Catscratch
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I think you've jumped the gun by ditching the runflats so soon. They really are not a problem in terms of handling since the suspension is tuned specifically for them.

However, you really should not be feeling any cornering instability, just because of a change of tyres.

Are you certain that the goodyears have been properly fitted (ie. correct pressures, wheels balanced, alignment checked, tyres facing in the correct direction etc..)?
The car is at an idependent tyre dealer to check those things. They parhaps think it's a bad balancing / alignment. I'll have my car back tomorrow.

The problem is ... with my former Alfa's I could take corners really really stable, and if I'd give a bit more gas I know I would start to slide. I don't have that feeling in my BMW atm.

Also it hangs quite a lot in corners ... I'm curious ... would a BMW hang more in corners with 17 + RFT then 19 + normal tyres? I only got 7cm of tyre on my alloy.

I don't understand why A LOT of people here replaced they're RFT with normal ones and be very happy about it (without chaning supsension). Perhaps I was too soon to replace my tyres