12-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Do I understand correctly that you FIRST had this problem with the Driver Door (Left) window on 11/14, 3+ weeks ago?

How many times did that problem recur between 11/14 & today, 12/7/2018?

If you drive for 20+ minutes with heat on full so that interior of car warms, does the window then work?

Have you tried "helping" the window go down by grasping the glass and pressing down?

Does the OTHER window work properly (1) using the driver switch cluster, and/or (2) using the passenger switch?

Can you control other things such as mirrors and passenger window as normal from the Driver Switch Cluster, and is the driver window the ONLY thing that the Driver Switch Cluster does NOT control properly?

Before you start throwing parts at it, or even taking things apart to test or observe, some analysis of the issue with proper information would be advisable. BTW, do you have INPA or any other software that can do Activations or read Status?

George
Yeah first encountered the problem at that date, when it was about -10c. This morning it was -14c.

Problem did not occur until today as it hasn't really been past -8c .

Yes I would suppose if I drive for 20 minutes it works after. Because when I come back from work it is usually hotter outside and it works ok.

This morning I kind of tried to push it down and wiggle it to maybe crack the ice or whatever was holding it, no luck. I eventually was able to close the door so I could lock my car by shutting the door strongly and physically push the window so it seals under trim, but I'm sure that's not something good to do and might even shatter my window? I had to drive to work with my door half closed, like it was latched but it was telling me to close it and could hear wind coming in lol.

One thing that felt odd is as you say, I tried lowering my passenger window from the driver switch, and I could hear it move for like .2 seconds as if it was trying to push through, but driver side I wasn't really hearing anything I recall.

I did not try moving my mirrors so I cannot chime in.

Thanks George, I appreciate someone helping me out haha, I'm really not sure how to start fixing this like you say without throwing parts at it. Yes I have INPA and ISTA, I think I'll need to reinstall them. tho.
Appreciate 0