View Single Post
      07-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
Eckmane
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Thanks, I think you might be right as it was my first impression when this happened that hose had let go. I was really surprised to see that replacing the boost hose didn't fix it completely because it looked old and worn when I removed it from the car with a lot of oil coating the outside so it was obviously leaky.

Yes, the DPF is still intact, but my vacuum hoses all look pretty worn and brittle, a lot of the braided exterior is frayed so I wouldn't be surprised to find a hose completely blown when I look in there. I'm going to pull the vacuum actuator later today and re-do all of the vacuum lines with new silicone hoses to see if this improves things. I'll also have a much better look at the exhaust manifold while I'm in there so I'll have a chance to inspect it for cracks or damage. There is a very strong exhaust smell in the engine bay with the car running, so I'm not ready to give up on that theory yet. The part is on its way to me, so if that's the problem I will replace it, but it would be great to fix it with vacuum hose and just send the new manifold back.

I'll update after I go through with new hoses.
Appreciate 0