tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
yes - msport suspension = sport suspension = stock e92 suspension
OP, you should be aware of the following answer I received in response to a question I asked about the F32 was answered (http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868647).

Does the coupe still have sport suspension as standard?

No. It really was not standard on the e92 either (only initially when the car first launched).

Despite that answer, I see on BMW's website that if one looks at the standard features for an E92 coupe, one will see that "sport suspension calibration" is listed as a feature. Moreover, one won't see "sport suspension" listed as an element of the M Sport package. Can one make any inferences from those facts? Sure. Would one's inferences be correct? Only if one is lucky enough to have made the correct inference, but not because there's a way (based on the info I've found) to prove which inference is correct. So what exactly is "sport suspension calibration" as compared to "sport suspension?" I'll be damned if I know, although, I can speculate on what it means as well as anybody can.

It's really quite annoying when the information provided from one BMW source doesn't clearly agree with the info provided from another BMW source.

For what it's worth, I seem to recall that back in 2010 BMW offered something called the Sport Package for the E92, and if memory serves me correctly, there was no sport suspension noted in that package either. It was, I think, wheels, trim, seats and tires. The M Sport Package back then, I think, just added more exterior cosmetic embellishments, different wheels and tires, a black headliner inside, and allowed one to get an M Sport only exterior color or two, which is almost exactly what the E92's M Sport Package now provides.

OP, if you must know, I suggest you contact your SA, provide your VIN number and ask them to tell you definitively. It may also be worth a call to BMWNA if you want to have a discussion on the matter with someone who should be reliable enough to provide you with answers regarding the differences among the 2010 standard E92, one with the Sport Package and one with the M Sport Package.

All the best and good luck, you'll need it if you are to get a straight and accurate answer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0