View Single Post
      08-02-2018, 10:41 PM   #10
Huskla
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by N5GKP View Post
M57 is a very robust engine, By far my favourite Diesel BMW have made as they don't seem to cause me any headaches at work!

With regards to the DPF situation, Whilst yes it is a failure if it's been tampered with or removed, I've found from vehicles that i've had in recently, they don't actually fail an emissions test so if you did have a tester that wasn't the most observant, the chances of it failing an emissions tests are fairly slim! That being said, I believe the correct DPF/Cat for your car is part number 18 30 7 795 998.

Definitely make sure you change the fuel filter, Chances are if it hasn't been done for a long time you'll notice it runs much nicer afterwards and may even seen an increase in fuel economy.

Air, Oil & Microfilter changes are all simple and pretty self explanatory.

Power steering fluid needed should be CHF11S, in the retailers we use Pentosin (83290429576)

With regards to other fluid changes, My advice to you would be to leave the auto transmission oil alone unless the transmission sump's leaking as the filling procedure can be a bit of a nightmare to do!
Thank you for your clear cut reply. I'll be getting right to it then to be honest!

In regards to the dpf, as its been removed I'm unsure if the DPF program has been deleted on the ECU. It leaves a proper gassy smell whilst running which is expected and it smokes(sometimes black sometimes white.. which I believe is meant to be a bad sign right?) and the usual whilst putting foot down or sometimes just idly running. It's a bit of an inconvenience but I can live with it. And it does show on the gauges when I flick through it, but the car in general has no faults, I've thrown a snap-on quickly and it only mentioned the DPF which isnt there.

Also (the newbie part of me coming out) I'm actually unsure which engine I have, whether its the M57 or N57. How could I find out or check?
Appreciate 0