View Single Post
      02-10-2014, 03:56 AM   #499
creativ101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30

I was recently put in touch with a coder local to me which turned out to be a disaster. I appreciate some may have a good story to tell, but I thought it would be worth highlighting as it could save someone money and a lot of hassle.

After being provided details of a coder (Sam from www.suckmydip.co.uk) to upgrade the software on my car. I called him and he told me the CCC firmware can be updated in 30-45 mins and there was no need to do the whole car and he can come out and do it. All looking good so far.
He came out to do the upgrade and after spending 1 hour said he couldn’t do it. The idrive was frozen and he had to set things back to factory wiping the frm and some idrive settings. He said I need to bring it to his workshop and gave me his address (via text) which was approx. 30 miles away. Things not looking so good.

I went along a few days later after confirming if we were still on the day before. I got to the address he provided and it was a house. I waited for about 30 mins and called him a number of times. No answer. Then a lady came out of the house and when asked she had never heard of him !!! So I tried calling him again, several times and still no answer. After waiting around for an hour I gave up and went home.

This guy made me come out 30 miles at 8am, gave me the wrong address and didn’t answer my calls. Luckily I hadn’t paid him but it’s the hassle and the reputation these sort of people give other genuine people out there.

I now have to go back to my original coder (remote coding) to get the idrive and frm back to what it was before Sam touched it.

Last edited by creativ101; 02-11-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0