02-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

FIXED :) water in battery well caused corrosion... [see post #19]

what's going on guysss??

basically long story short, my battery is fvcked and i bought a new one (Bosch S6 AGM 019), just got a few questions...

(the long story is: for the last 5k miles the ignition has been a tiny bit slow, not enough to worry about... it started fine the night before and then about 20 hours later the car just wouldn't start... it would just hum with all the start up lights... i thought it was cos there wasn't enough petrol (had about 10miles range) so i went out and got some with my mum's golf and put it in and still nada... so i checked the vehicle info and it said the oil is low, top up immediately (surprised i didn't get a warning earlier)... so i bought some oil and topped up... still nada...

at this point, i came on to laptop to check out possibilities... my guess was the starter motor packed up... and the forums agreed... but i thought i'd try a jump start anyways... used my dad's e60 and it started up like a dream!

but thennn, the car gave me a red battery warning saying the battery isn't charging and i should disconnect any unnecessary electrical stuff or something....

so i checked the voltages... with the car on it says 14.4-14.6v and without the car on it says 11.4v which must mean it's the battery right?)

anyways, my questions are:
1. can i change the battery myself without error codes coming up
2. if no, does anyone know a good indy around the harrow area? (i'm talking to motologic right now who seem okay, just waiting for a quote from them) i need a proper good indy where me and my dad can go regularly...
3. how much am i looking to pay to get the battery installed and coded?? just so i don't get riippped lol

thanks for the help!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS

Last edited by achu; 02-26-2014 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0