joeinsd
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinsd View Post
Go with CYBA tips and get them welded on. I've never been a fan of those thick walled tips. Just gross looking.. lol.

I chose to go with black chrome on my car instead of chrome or brushed aluminum.

EDIT: Just noticed this is a year old thread. Oh well. Leaving the post up for those still searching.
Thanks! I'm one of those still searching lol!

Question about the CYBA tips, you weld them over or you have to cut parts of your exhaust tips? Really wanted BMS simple slip on but yeah the burnt one don't look THAT great. My IS black tips are kinda off and I can't polish them since they are paitned.
Oem tips have to be cut off and welded, so choose a good muffler shop that cares to make things even. You can tack weld them on and they'll stay, but I'm OCD so I chose to have it fully welded which required pulling the exhaust off the hangers, but my guy made sure to even things out when putting it back on. You could end up with a real crooked tip if they're careless.

IS tips look dull to me and the black chrome looks so good when it's clean. Just get them already!

Ps.- spray some high heat black paint into the tips either before or after. It'll look so much better. (See lift pic vs street pic)