View Single Post
      08-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #2269
dwsavenko
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Ahh that makes sense. No MSV80 330i variants.. because they stopped making the 330i after 2006, and went only to 335i and 328i's.

Does the wrong country code really messes things up I am guessing? Car would run worse due to different catalyst components entirely I'm guessing..

That definitely makes it clearer in my brain why one cannot just take any generic 3 stage N52 tune and make it happen.

Also if the powerclass byte is unknown between .oda bin files, then that disassembly part doesn't sound "easy". So without knowledge of which byte is what.. changing random bytes and uploading / flashing and hoping for the best is pretty stupid and time wasting..

So back to square one for me lol.

The current x128i to x130i file is great when on throttle. It just seems to run a little off at times during cold / initial start-up's, and sometimes sitting at a stop-light after cruising for a while. Feel's like the mixture values are just "off".

I am guessing the x130i file does have the latest factory tuning specs attached to it, which are in the RSA delete program range? (I.E. there is no more "current" factory tune data to try out).

If an E89 test 3.0 file is possible, please send me the .oda. I will flash and report back. I have no problem "guinea pigging" my car for the better of us all!

Lastly.. I have heard that the DISA's will still "function" on factory tunes.. though not optimized.. so still some advantage to leaving a 3-stage in.. even without a modded tune? I don't want to lose power if running a stock tune again.

Last edited by dwsavenko; 08-24-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0