View Single Post
      01-28-2023, 06:37 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellamay View Post
2006 330i I found a blown fuse: ignition fuse in that block of 5 fuses in the engine bay, passenger side. Replaced it, blew again.
Here are the INPA codes:
10880 2A80 intrake VAMOS control
10885 2A85 outlet VANOS control
10906 2A9A camshaft shaft sensor intake signal
12021 2EF5 radiatore thermostat control
11909 2E85 water pump communication
I am thinking that it's a short somewhere, but how do I find it?
Any clues, common problems that cause this?
FIRST, we need to know which fuse of the 5 on that Fuse Carrier in the E-box is the one that has blown. You do NOT need to buy several dozen fuses to fix this. What you NEED is a multimeter, $7 HFT/ $12 Amazon.

Given the things you show fault codes for, my SWAG is that the fuse that keeps blowing is F02 (NOT related to Ignition Coils, except it becomes powered by DME Main Relay when Ignition turned on, and it blows), which powers the VANOS Solenoids, Cam Sensors, T-Stat & Water Pump Control. Someone on this Forum or on B-Fest had similar issue in last month, and his was caused by bad wiring (short-to-ground) at T-Stat. I would start with any of those components recently worked on/near, if applicable.

You can just test for resistance (Ohms) at the EMPTY fuse socket. You don't even need (want) to have ignition ON.

If you will confirm that the fuse that has blown is F02 (should be numbering on 5-fuse carrier), I will provide ISTA wiring diagram and specific test instructions.
George
Appreciate 0