View Single Post
      02-01-2023, 04:31 PM   #10
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellamay View Post
Day 16: ... It's hard to bend over the engine bay [that definitely causes Extension/ Hyper-Extension of Knee.] or get to the ground and up. It's ok with Dr. for me to move around, but not to over eXTend the knee. MEDS: Oxy keeps me dull, lethargic, sleeping a lot, so days go by without progress. Each day is noticably better than last...
ANYONE ever separated those 6 Orange wires at Splice X6964, so you can test each wire separately for short to ground?

I have NOT done that, (have never even opened my E-box), but it MAY be something you can currently/ soon do to prevent getting down on floor or on knees to examine Pump & T-stat wires at connector. If being on your feet for several hours a day is good therapy, and main goal is to get pain reduction and OFF Oxycodone ASAP, then I would try to identify things you can do consistent with those constraints. Getting down on floor is NOT one of them.

You MAY soon be able to work in the E-box, or if you have NOT already done so, to at least ACCESS the E-Box by removal of Microfilter Housings, without bending over engine and extending the knee.

The car can wait. Proper Recovery & Rehab should be your focus. We'll hopefully still be here when you're recovered. The key to 100% successful Orthopedic surgery is Proper Rehab, and NO sudden Loading or Stress of surgery sites, tendons, cartilage re-attachments etc. I'm NOT familiar with knee replacement or its rehab protocols, but I would assume the SAME principles apply.

I had two Achilles Tendon surgeries (both tendons ruptured at different times), Diskectomy @ L3-L4 & L Shoulder Rotator Cuff repair, and NONE required Opioid such as Oxy. Tylenol #3 for one day at most. Post-surgery Physical Therapy (mostly self-administered) required MONTHS for shoulder and Achilles.

So I've NEVER experienced the PAIN you are enduring, but I have had to avoid post-surgery DAMAGE by sudden or unexpected loading of a joint or muscle/ tendon/ ligament attachments, and I can identify with that part of your recovery. Car: NO. Rehab/ PT: YES.
George
Appreciate 0