Views: 476
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  330i wire splice 2.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  330i wire splice 3.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  77.2 KB

I found plug 6964 from your picture, I pulled plug 6964 apart, discovered which terminals were hooked to the fuse. (Thanks for instructions on posting pictures.) I then took black wrap off to find the wire on the correct (per my measuring) terminal joined with 6 orange wires! jackpot! (Pic #1 shows the joint. Pic #2 shows it with the plug in the picture.) I cutoff that joint to seperate the 7 wires. I then tested each of the 6 wires for continuity to ground. Found one. (Pic #3 shows the one, separated from the others.) I then pulled plugs on the tstat, cam sensors, etc. and tested each one for continuity to ground. Found one. (on the tstat, but that's irrelevant). So, the short had to be in that wire. i didn't care where. I simply bi-passed it. i cut the wire an inch or two from the tstat plug and added a new black wire, (Pic #4) ran it to the joint to attach to the other (5 + 1) wires. (Pic #5. The wire I added is black, joined to the large orange wire that you can see goes into plug 6964 and the 5 small orange wires that go into the bundle headed towards the engine). Engine started and seems fine. I didn't even clear codes yet. Re-assembly is tomorrow. I can't thank you enough. Could not have done it without your help. (The knee is now pretty sore and tired, but that's fine with me. I'm pretty happy right now. ..... And yes, the Oxy makes it harder to think clearly. I went slowly and double-checked to make sure I wasn't doing anything damaging.)

Attached Images

Last edited by zellamay; 02-05-2023 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: add pics
Appreciate 0