05-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #23
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity26 View Post
OP's DIY is great, thanks.

After completing the job, I would offer a few comments to anyone else thinking about the job:

+Removing the Intake manifold is not required. I removed the throttle body completely (gave it a good cleaning while it was out) and could reach everything without regrets.

+The black electrical junction box slides off the holder, it just needs some persuasion.

+You do not need to remove the bolts supporting the fuel lines, at most you might need to loosen them, if that. Loosening the lower line support bolt requires a special Torx socket that is otherwise not needed.

All in all, not a terrible job, just a lot of small details that need to be checked.
Velocity,
Pretty sure my HPFP is failing on me. I believe you have the n54 like I do. What issue did you have to determine it was the HPFP failing? Also, where did you buy your replacement and at what cost?

My 2007 is now at 205K miles. Yes, I drive her a lot! I had 1 HPFP replaced under CPO around 115k. Yesterday, my car literally just died on me when driving. Restarted with half engine and SES light. I pulled codes but then immediately (and accidentally) deleted them. But just before, I believe I saw a HPFP error code.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any responses and thank you for the DIY!
Appreciate 0