03-05-2010, 05:10 AM   #13
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
Unfortunately if Apple make changes from generation to generation, BMW suffer as much as the customer as they need to then spend loads of money innovating the device to accommodate those changes. Personally I would have aimed my complaint at Apple... it isn't BMW's fault that's for sure!

I say that because its to do with Apple making changes...I bought a brand new run around Yaris for home, changed the ipod for a new one 1 month down the line and the lead no longer charged the new ipod.

The manufacturer of the lead will always say, that their lead only supports x y z devices up to 3rd gen etc. Besides I don't think that most ipod leads are designed to run the iphone (something to do with interference or who knows what), and most ipod sound docks/accessories don't support the iphone either!

greatbm - has cleared things up and that BMW have now released an updated version. You did well getting a goodwill refund.

To the OP, when you say Bmw ipod fitted, do you mean you're using the y lead/armrest usb connector).
Agree with your comments and yes it was a good will from BMW as a loyal customer.
Appreciate 0