View Single Post
      07-13-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
SnowRacer
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e46 330i

Smoke and misfire at WOT, replaced CCV and hoses, no luck

Have a 2008 328xi that drives fine at part throttle, but whenever I apply full throttle I get a massive white/grey smoke cloud that looks like something out of a James Bond movie. Then it misfires horribly and I have to cycle the ignition to make it run normal again.

Did a lot of research here and it all pointed to a faulty CCV and CCV hoses. The CCV is built into the valve cover so just finished replacing it with a new one (URO) along with a new CCV hose. The old CCV hose was fine by the way.

There are plenty of check engine codes (11 in fact), basically all four O2 sensors and lots of misfire codes. I just replaced the two pre-cat O2 sensors a few weeks before replacing the valve cover, but haven't done the post-cat O2 sensors yet.

The intake seems tight and leak free (replaced the intake manifold gaskets while replacing the CCV hose) and everything attached to it looks good.

Where else should I look? It isn't consuming oil or coolant and doesn't overheat or leak anywhere, but I've run out of ideas on what else it could be. Ignition coils? Injectors? Post-cat O2? Some other odd BMW sensor?

Thanks for your insights.
Appreciate 0