View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #15
SnowRacer
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e46 330i

Update: got the CCV vent hose heater replaced yesterday under the recall. Cleared the codes, drove it around and still getting the sensor 2 heater control circuit faults on banks 1 and 2. Haven't done a full throttle smoke cloud test yet.

One theory was that the vent hose heater shared an electrical circuit with the O2 sensors and that may have been a cause for those faults. No change as of yet. Next will replace those two post-cat O2 sensors.

Quote:
Is your engine an N52k?
Well.. it's a 2008 328xi. Looked up the engine on realOEM and it shows N51B30A.

Quote:
Is the smoke you are getting blue in colour or white? When the engine is smoking at WOT, and misfiring is it making detonation/knocking noises?
I don't think it's white. Doesn't have that sweet coolant smell, doesn't overheat, and not low on coolant. For that matter, not low on oil either as it only happens for one big cloud then no more.

There are the misfires and it runs like crap until I cycle the ignition, but I don't recall any detonation/knocking noises during the smoke cloud. Will try it again and listen for it.

Oil wasn't overfilled.

But... I do recall during the last oil change when I opened up the oil filter housing cap the oil oozed and oozed out. Didn't expect that. Made a mess everywhere. Was first oil change since we've owned it, but also the WOT smoke cloud didn't start until 2-3 months ago and no oil was added to overfill it.
Appreciate 0