View Single Post
      06-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
Very nice... I think this may be a bit redundant with iDrive tho :/
This is not meant for cars with idrive.....There is a different unit in the works though for idrive cars to bring the older versions up to current standards....but that is a different conversation for a different thread....and a different time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
OK, Q&A only. My first question... have they addressed the screen glare issue?
Not exactly.....how much glare you get on the screen depends on a lot of variables. They have gone to a mostly white on black color scheme maximizing contrast and visibility (the old D90 units were orange on black, pretty hard to see)....BUT if you have a light colored interior (like I do) and the sun is shining on your front seats lighting them up super bright, and your seating position is such that you get a reflection of the seats.....well NO screen is going to be able to defy those physics!

Now with that said, screen visibility is fine when the sun is shining on the screen or when you are going any other direction other than directly at the sun and your seats are lit up......at least that is my experience with my seating position, in my car, with my eyes.

Last edited by jeffb335; 06-10-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0