Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NLINE 6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
It's probably time to buy a PE exhaust or the 335is mufflers. I agree with the above posters, software update? golf tee mod reversed? You can get used IS mufflers for around $500 used or new for $800 and some change. PE exhaust for about $1000 at BMW at Morristown or used PE mufflers for around $700-800.00. If you have the sedan, you'll have to delete the resonator and have a SS X-Pipe installed in its place to get the full effects of either exhaust.
That's probably my next course of action. I don't want the car to raise the dead when I drive through my neighborhood, or annihilate ear drums on the highway. Just a bold, clean exhaust note and sound coming through the car. Seems like the Performance Exhaust accomplishes that.

Initially I doubted the golf tee mod was done as the original owner was a middle aged doctor who did mostly highway commuting from Nashville to Atlanta. But the car definitely had a mild drone which resonated through the cabin and occasionally caused a faint rattle at takeoff and on the highway.

The way the car is now, I can barely hear my rev matches when I'm downshifting.

I have the coupe so
If you have the coupe, all you need to do is decide whether you want the 335is mufflers or P.E. exhaust. You can get a good feel of how both sound on YouTube.
Appreciate 0