View Single Post
      02-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Thanks for your pics. If it were Verizon I'd definitely be interested. With Sprint...I'd have to look into whether successful flashing has worked.

Definitely still interested. My goal is to have a Verizon Blackberry Tour unlocked with AT&T Blackberry Servicebooks so I can have BIS on both carriers.

Thanks again. I will do my research on my end. I don't expect you to hold the item for me, I'll try to get my answers asap.
Sprint will not activate a phone that wasn't originally built for them. The system will not allow a rep to enter the ESN manually into the system anymore.

Verizon has a policy against activating non-Verizon phones, but the system isn't locked down tight like Sprint and the right rep "could" activate it.

VZW will not provide any warranty service (which you wouldn't have with Sprint either as you aren't the original customer) on a non-Verizon phone, so you'll have to deal with the trackball issue yourself.

Most recent Sprint world phones now come unlocked but I'm not sure when that happened. As a Sprint customer you can get a early locked phone unlocked (for the GSM portion only of course) by customer service, but they won't do that for non customers.

I'm not sure when Sprint started sending out unlocked world phones but it was fairly recently (September'ish IIRC) so this one may, or may not, be unlocked so you'll have to figure the cost of unlocking into the cost of the phone - about $30 - $40 from reputable sources.
Appreciate 0