View Single Post
      09-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #5
dchen2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, XF Super V8

Made it through last winter fine in my rwd v8 Lexus GS430 despite madison's record 100incher winter thanks to some dunlop wintersport m3s 225/45R17s on winter rims. This winter I already have a new set of dunlop wintersport d3s (the new version of the m3 models) 225/40R18s to throw on my non staggered 18" csl reps.

Looking forward to driving in the snow now with my new awd car and performance winter tires, esp on my thanksgiving/christmas crosscountry trips visiting my parents in Denver and going boarding up in Veil!

I can definitely testify to summer tires being a big no no for winter time use... learned it to my detriment during a snowy Utah winter when I tried putting some newly purchased F150 Lightning 18s with stock F1 supercar summers on my F150 and then later that night sliding backwards down a hill. Brand new all seasons are passable but the performance winter tires definitely are best for snow driving without the loss of driving fun/performance that normal full winter tires bring to the table.
Appreciate 0