View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 11:03 PM   #465
preppyr6
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davindawn View Post
Hey I have some possibly good news on this! Now take this with a grain of salt as I know the sellers main priority is to sell units... but I contacted Navifly last week as well just after to see if I could get an answer directly from them.

At first the contact person told me same as you. That the Qualcomm units only come with ID7 interface. But then he messaged back saying he tested a unit (albeit the Fseries 10" screen) and it is able to change between ID7, ID6 and NBT EVO interfaces. As far as I can tell the original NBT interface (updated CIC look/2nd image below) is no longer available which doesn't really bother me as the ID6 and EVO are the two I really wanted and intend to use anyway.

The unit he tested was actually the F series 10" iDrive screen that they offer. Idk, maybe you can contact them and see if they will test the actual unit for you and send pics or a video of it working? But he says that this unit and the 8.8" bubble dash version for our e9x series both run the same software on them and that it will be able to change between the same 3 interfaces. If not, there should be no problem sending it back and getting a refund.

I intended to get one this week but my service alert just came up on my car so I'm gonna have to spend the money on that instead and the android unit maybe next week or so. I want to do a bit more research in to what other parts I will need as well, since I want to add a rear/backup cam, android auto integration, gps splitter, aux splitter and maybe dash cam.

Image 01: Message from Navifly contact on aliexpress. Please forgive the resolution. Tried to just stitch the screens together in PS to make it a little easier for you to follow
Image 02: NBT Interface that is supposedly no longer on new units
This is good news. I'm in the same boat in terms of looking for more UI flexibility. Ended up frying my amp in the rain so thats this weeks paycheck...next week maybe the new headunit
Appreciate 0