View Single Post
      02-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #16
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Ok, I have driven the car for 500 miles with alpine transmission.
Here is my observations;

1- 320d without remap is a dull car. I used some tweaks and suggested output is 220BHP-225 BHP. Tweaking made car alive and very responsive at speeds above 40 MPH. It has nothing to do with alpina but my next bullet will explain the context of this bullet.

2- Aplina flash may not help you if you have standard 320d. However, if you have tweaked 320d then worth of trying. As it is better match for remapped / tweaked cars.

3- If you are a slow driver and usually use the torque of the car, then this may not be for you or you may not like it as alpina transmission revs higher. It shifts around 4-4.2 K in D whereas in normal flash, it may shift at 3.8-4K. In DS, it shifts at 4.7K as compared to 4.5K.

4- In D mode, car is like driving in DS mode. More responsive in all gears.

5- DS mode is waste of time as car keep reving very high and has past its peak torque and HP. Probably you will be wasting your fuel. DS mode will only help you if you are racing from stand still and when car is rolling, D is better IMHO.

6- Real difference is 50 MPH and above till you hit illegal speeds. Alpina transmission flash is quicker in achieving those speeds.

7- Alpina transmission is smoother than standard transmission flash.

8- The only drawback is reving high and I do not like diesel engines revving really high. For some, this will be positive point.

Overall, positive experience except point 8.
Ibo24138.50