View Single Post
      01-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Performance Friction BBK on 335i - any info?

I'm currently in the process of finalising my decision on a brake upgrade. I've been offered the possibility to obtain a BBK (big brake kit) from Performance Friction (click here) substantially under their list price (which is extremely high - around 7000 EUR). Here's also a photo of one of the discs plus caliper installed:

A short while back I've read an extensive article about their BBK for the 135i which is probably quite close to the one for our cars, see here: MOTIQ magazine - Performance Friction BBK detailed review

Following this article there was a bit of discussion over at 1addicts (see this link (135i discussion about Performance Friction BBK)), in particular involving Berk that have lots of experience in this segment.

I also know that Alpina contemplated this BBK for their recent limited edition model B3 S Biturbo GT3, but in the end chose a competitor due to cost issues (although apparently the PFC set performed better).

Does anyone have experience with their brakes here?

Alpina_B3_Lux