View Single Post
      07-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #5
Darth Niloc
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330d SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Good luck and look forward to seeing what you do with it!!
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
So, am I reading this correctly that your 330D has 37k miles on the clock? I cant believe how unique this e90 is, 2006 and barely broken in it's absolutely amazing!

With that said, I would love to see a video of the engine running with the bonnet open, these Diesels can have so many various sounds (hydraulic lifter ticking, brake vacuum pump rattle etc) and this will be about the best example of a good running engine with little to no issues.

As for the security if the car if you have comfort access get a key defender which blocks the signal, something I also do which I've not read anywhere else is press the transmission shifter button in and pull the shifter off. It's only a small thing but I'm thinking if somebody comes to steal my 330d automatic they're going to either need to come prepared with a spare shifter or do something long to probably bypass it, but really the idea is to make the thieves think, sod that I'll just rob the car next to it (sorry neighbour)

Also, I think you said you drove a car with 280hp? It's crazy think a remap alone could send you past that in this beast! If you've read a lot one thing I would personally advise is keeping the DPF in place if you decide on a remap. According to BWChiptune a standard remap can achieve the same or very similar results as a car without the DPF and unfortunately not many people know this.. my take is keep it until you actually "need" to remove it.. like blueh88 with his hybrids FMIC and all the rest haha.

But yeah what an exciting time for you, new house and a new beast sitting outside. If you've got a few minutes one day I would love to hear what the engine is like in this pristine condition
I got it with 34,747 miles but had to make several long trips for work this week and have managed to put 800 miles on the clock in just five days This isn't normal mileage for me though as I usually only cover a couple hundred miles a week (if even) but it gave me the chance to get to know the car and so far I am very impressed!

I took a quick video but I can't figure out how to embed it. Sorry about the background noise of rush hour in the distance. Hopefully this link will work https://streamable.com/je7iz I'll try and get a better clip and some more photos over the weekend if the weather holds.

Not my car but this is pretty much identical to my EP82. Best balls out performance car I've ever owned and 21 year old me absolutely loved it. 280bhp, 800kg, front wheel drive, no traction control and the biggest turbo I could make fit, capable of matching the Evo's, Impreza's and M3's of that time on the odd occasion when I managed to get the front wheels to stop spinning It was also loud, stiff, incredibly uncomfortable to drive further than a few miles in and it also done around 15mpg whenever I was driving it normally and probably -15mpg whenever it was on boost, something that almost 40 year old me now just would not tolerate lol

With regards to the security, I bought a Cadilock alarm https://www.cadillock.com/en/product...ck-alarm-plus/ for the car with the hope it would arrive before the car did and I could fit it on day one. It arrived a few days late but as soon as I saw the battery set-up in the boot, I realised it wasn't going to fit without major hassle.

I have fitted a GPS tracker, bought a decent steering wheel lock, OBD port immobilized stickers and have ordered what I need to actually relocate the OBD port which I plan to do this weekend. All this though is just the preshow until I can gather up the funds for a Viper system. However I will definitely look into removing the shifter

With regards to the performance tuning side of things, a remap is a definite and I've already made a few enquiries to the tuners local to me. I am also looking into a new sports exhaust but definitely am not going to touch the DPF or EGR as I live in NI and the MOT tests here are incredibly strict. I also need to consider the longevity of the motor as I plan to run her until she stops and I know all too well how much a lot of extra power can shorten the expected lifespan of an engine. I have plenty of time to figure it out though as the missus has picked her new £££ kitchen so I can forget about having any money until she gets that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Welcome aboard and superb purchase. Nice to see something so little used and look forward to what you decide to do with it.
Thanks man
Appreciate 0