View Single Post
      09-26-2021, 08:41 AM   #39
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed response. You know how life gets

Regarding the wastegate theory, I'm not sure if this was aimed at me or another comment so apologies if I'm wrong.. However my car had new wastegate flappers installed around 10k ago. The boost does suddenly hit hard, however this is due to the map, as monitored on the wgdc values. At low acceleration you can hear the turbos spinning up in time with the wgdc variations.
I don't quite understand what lugging the car means, however I was specifically talking about a solid/steady throttle input.
Since my post stating I have solved the problem, I am still issue free. The main tests for me has been when using cruise control on a very slight decline and when navgaitijg my local multi story caroarj in first gear. The cruise control scenario would build quite a judder, especially in a certain bit of road. This does not occur any more.
The multi story car park issue would cause a slight(but noticeable) surge in acceleration, when trying to pull away slowly with the smallest of throttle input. This could be explained like a lag, which surged and then let's off due to over shooting. This is all occurs with a steady/unchanging small throttle input.
This does not occur also.

Just for clarification on the process I completed.

Input cable and load mhd

Flash back to stock (the full 20+ min flash which removes mhd) Note: I removed/relocated the file mhd automatically saved of my original stock map, so that mhd would download the latest stock file for my ecu etc.

Once this had completed, I let car rest and started it up for a few mins. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but thought I would let the car operate on this file before I again removed it.

Now turn off car and follow the procedure to flash back your mhd stage 2 or whatever.

That's it.

Hope this clarifies a few things for anyone with questions. Feel free to pm me etc if you would like any more info.
Appreciate 3