l8nit3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
"Fehler 209" likely results from a communication error but "209" is not the definitive part of the report. There should be other entries in the box below "COAPI Fehlereintrage". Post them.

The fact that you have errors in both INPA and WinKFP strongly suggests the problem does not stem from WinKFP (or INPA) configuration. And FWIW, most if not all of the parameters you listed are generally not very important - WinKFP will work no matter how you set them. That said, check "fast baud rate". Tracelevel turns on or off a log of the steps the program takes during operation so it is completely unimportant.

VERY commonly this sort of error results from a failure to set the "latency" to 1ms. . If you haven't checked this, do so. Briefly; plug the KCAN cable into your laptop then open Device Manager->Ports (COM&LPT) -> USB serial port -> Port settings -> Advanced -Latency Timer (msec)

Keep in mind that some windows installations randomly reset this parameter to 16ms. The first thing to do when experiencing communication errors like this is to check latency.

It could also be due to errors in EDIABAS setup. Make sure that you have the correct interface listed in "Ediabas.ini" i.e. "STD:ODB"
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!
indeed, my latency settings were wrong. Im hoping for a dry day this weekend to test out all the updated settings.

I have heard conflicting views on 'fast baud rate' setting. Using the K+Dcan cable (bimmergeeks) which would be best?
Appreciate 0