l8nit3
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Ok, the valvetronic codes are your limp mode. There is likely some power issue involving a fuse, a relay, a connector with corroded or bent pin. Although there are other explanations, I doubt very very very much this has anything to do with your power supply. I also doubt that your failure to crank and valvetronic codes are related- thats just a guess but i cannot see a way to relate them off the top of my head.

Troubleshooting this (with your new DVM) is entirely doable - schematic diagrams/connector pin outs are available in ISTA-D. However, I’m away from home and have limited internet access and only my phone to access it with. So i cant help much for a few days.

I suggest dumb googling 2a3f, 2a77. There may already be some helpful discussion threads.

Just a thought, have you recently unplugged the DME connectors as a part of your investigations? easy to bend those pins putting the connectors back. Again, just a wild guess- the righr course here is to examine voltages at various points in the valvetronic circuitry
You have been immensely helpful, I appreciate the time you've taken to explain all of this to a rather dense individual such as myself lol.

I will do some more research and troubleshooting , and reply with results!
Enjoy your weekend, and thank you again for all the wisdom you have brought to the thread!

<Edit>
Upon further research I've found that cable is "B+ to engine electronics"
Pictured below

<Edit #2>
I have removed my battery and absolutely see the issue (pictured below). Unfortunately its not the cable as I suspected, but the actual terminal the cable connects too has broken!

Cable part = 6938504-03

My problem, what is it it connects to on the other side of the wheel-well? And exactly how screwed am I? The cable would have been a quick 5 min fix...
Attached Images

Last edited by l8nit3; 05-28-2022 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0